I suggest you ...

More affordable ways to contribute

(a similar post was previously posted on the q&a section)

With your current setup, we have a choice of paying nothing or paying $200+/month. This is a lot of money for hobbyist developers, and I fear the price is set high enough that many people contribute nothing at all. Such pricing points may be suitable for commercial developers, but I humbly suggest you provide some more affordable ways for casual developers to pay you money, too.

For example, by the time we know enough about the platform to commit to anything financially, the value of the lower level training videos has decreased considerably. I would have gladly paid $10-30 per hour of video for a good introduction to the platform. Now that I've managed to get up to speed by reading the source and the kitchen sink examples, those videos have lost a lot of their appeal. The higher level videos covering making Titanium modules and building Titanium from source are still of interest, and if you offer a pay on demand service in the future, I'll gladly throw some money your way.

Other possible ways to draw in the casual developers would be to offer paid support at a reasonable rate, at say 15 or 30 minute blocks.

And if you don't want to implement the above suggestions, please add a PayPal donate button for community members so we can at least sling you something we can afford.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Damien Elmes shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff Haynie commented  · 

This is a good suggestion and we have some plans around this once we roll out Marketplace (soon).

• dasher commented  · 

Bounties for Modules!
        Make a list, define acceptance criteria and offer a bounty of 1 months subscription for what qualifies.

It gets the community involved, you expand the module code-base available and you people get a taste of being a subscriber.

Feedback and Knowledge Base