I suggest you ...

Docs/API reference dev friendly

The documentation should allow to developers to add reviews, examples or report bugs.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • vincent youmansvincent youmans commented  · 

smperlow... ditto... Examples!!! I need Examples more than anything.

• Jeff HaynieJeff Haynie commented  · 

currently, the best way to add examples to the doc or edit them is to checkout the source from github and edit them in the apidoc folder. You can either fork them and send a pull request or send us patches.

We're looking into ways we can make this more "web friendly".

• Jackson MillerJackson Miller commented  · 

The old docs did this and I frequently added / fixed examples. With the way that the new support forum works I would much rather add examples to the docs and link answers to that documentation.

• smperlowsmperlow commented  · 

I would absolutely add examples if it were easy. I suppose there is a chance for some bad or incorrect examples to be included, but I'm thinking of how valuable (at least to me) php.net examples are. It might also be a feature that, once implemented, would take some pressure of your staff to provide examples.

I've also seen that people want a low cost way to contribute. Presumably they mean contribute $$, but contributing some examples is even lower cost and maybe very valuable to you and the community.

Feedback and Knowledge Base